Updated 21st May 2018
www.blowerproof.co.uk is owned and operated by Ecomerchant Natural Building Materials Ltd (ENBM Ltd) Registered Office: Garner Street Business Centre, Garner Street Stoke on Trent ST4 7BH Telephone: Registered in England. Company No. 08638873. VAT No 183 0922 11.
This website and the information which it contains is the property of ENMB Ltd and its affiliates and licensors and is protected from unauthorised copying and dissemination by UK copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Blowerproof Liquid and its associated names, Blowerproof Liquid Brush, Blowerproof Liquid Spray, Blowerproof Liquid Roller and Blowerproof Liquid Membranes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hevadex Bvba, Belgium.
About this Policy
Blowerproof is distributed throughout the UK by ENBM Ltd and via its national distribution network partners, this policy applies to all users of this website including distributors, resellers, contract purchasers, trade, private and DIY customers. Information collected will ONLY be relevant to the specific requests that you have made.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- your contact information including phone number and email address
- your correspondence and delivery address and postcode,
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
Why we need this information
We need to know your basic personal data in order to process sales orders, take payments, provide quotations, if you are a distributor or reseller additionally to supply technical information or health and safety instructions in line with our obligations and contract with you or if requested by you. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service we use this information in the following way
- For delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the services we provide to you.
- For invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance and to process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer
- To ensure our records are kept up to date including compliance with UK tax law
- To send updated technical and material safety information
- To contact you in the event of a product recall
- To improve and optimise the operation and performance of our website
- To diagnose problems with, and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to our services.
- To obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection.
- To detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our services and systems
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, technical or regulatory updates or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To investigate any complaint you make.
- To provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
- To ensure data security and to provide you with access to secure areas of our website.
- To protect the rights, property, and/or safety of ENBM Ltd, its personnel and others.
Mailing lists and our e-newsletters
As part of the registration process for our website, we collect personal information. When you sign up for our newsletter via our website we use a GDPR complaint opt-in format. We use the information for a number of important reasons:
- to tell you about something you’ve asked us to tell you about,
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information about products and services
- to keep our records up to date and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied,
- to provide information on new or improved products, give updates on regulatory compliance and technical performance and offer advice and guidance on health and safety issues.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
You can unsubscribe to these mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
We don’t rent, trade or share our email lists with other organisations or businesses.
Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent for direct marketing communications in respect of our own products and services, including in respect of marketing communications sent by electronic means e.g. email, post or telephone.
- for the performance of a contract with you such as an agreement for the ongoing sale, supply, pricing or recommendation of building materials or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract.
- to comply with regulatory or legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation, performing anti-money laundering, terrorism prevention and sanctions screening checks, complaints and investigations or litigation;
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, e.g. where you or they are seriously injured or ill.
Or for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you about the supply of construction materials
- operating our website
- our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our products and services, investigating and responding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, providing payment performance data to credit reference agencies, changing our pricing, debt collection, fraud detection and prevention, risk management, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others).
You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests at any time and ask to be removed from our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Controlling your personal information:
- You have to actively request for information to be sent to you, look for the invitation or box that you can click to indicate that you wish to receive marketing communications from us this is normally described as ‘join our mailing’ or ‘sign up for our newsletter’ by actively checking this box you are giving your consent to be added to our mailing list.
- Where we publish invitations to join our mailing list on associate or third party websites or via printed QR codes, we use a double opt-in sign up so you will need to confirm this again when we send you a confirmation email, only after this will you be added to our mailing list.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of one of our mailings.
- You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on our emails
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (which replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 on May 25th 2018). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to ENBM Ltd The National Self Build and Renovation Centre Swindon SN5 8UB .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly update our records.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Processing payments including credit cards, BACS and electronic payment gateways
- Business partners, materials suppliers and sub-contractors, couriers and transport providers for the express performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a pre-condition to offering a credit account for you.
- After an appropriate and lawful request from an enforcement agency or regulatory authority where illegal activity or fraud is suspected.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic encryption and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
ENBM Ltd does not sell, lease or disclose customer data to third parties without consent. ENBM Ltd complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Copyright Directive 2001 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (which replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 on May 25th 2018) and takes all additional steps necessary to protect your personal data from loss, theft, destruction or misuse.
ENBM Ltd uses Rapid Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Please note email communication is not secure and you should not disclose sensitive data or information (for example, credit card details) via email ENBM Ltd will never request sensitive data (such as credit card details or user passwords) via email.
www.blowerproof.co.uk collects information including Your IP address, browser type and version, pages visited and the duration of your visit. This data is collected by our web server(s) as part of the normal functioning of the internet and is used to gather statistics on website usage and to analyse website traffic patterns.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process
Blowerproof ‘share’ tools
If you share www.blowerproof.co.uk with friends using our social media links such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, please check their websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
When someone visits www.blowerproof.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
How long we keep your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights;
- For the purposes of maintaining a warranty on a product, or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
Information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.